SaintJoe H2O

Use the space below to add in a story about your species of choice. Feel free to use your presentation tool of choice for this particular task. When complete, we should have a nice thread of resources highlighting a handful of some of the most commonly consumed seafood species... or perhaps even a few of the most interesting for perhaps another reason. Either way, please either embed your story below, or directly link to it in another location.

Tags: food, oceans, resources, seafood, story

Views: 322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IN THE SLIDE THERE IS A LINK TO A VIDEO FROM YOUTUBE ( SLIDE 7 ) IT HAS BAD LANGUAGE IN IT! YOU ARE WARNED!!

My fish is a fish that is starting to become over fished. This fish lives a long life (50+ years) and is sexually attive at age 7-9. This causes the fish not be able to produce as fast as we are eating them. This fish can grow up to two meters in length. Most fish dont live to be 50 because the average fish population that we fish for are around 4.5-14 years old. All this info cam from the webpage.
I dont normally like fish and i dont think i would give this fish a try just because there mercury has been found in this fish. But then again a little mercury hasn't killed anyone in a while and all it will do it make you go crazy :P thats all.
http://goo.gl/nz4sv

Above is the link to my presentation. I did pacific bluefin tuna ( main reason was because I was eating a tuna sandwich from subway) but that is not what they are commonly send for. They are mainly served as sushi in Japan as well as other places. This fish is very endangered because they go for a very good price. So if you're a fisherman, this is what you want to be catching in your nets. Many bulefin tuna are caught very young so they did not have a chance to reproduce. Yes they may be tasty but there will be no taste left if we keep overfishing them.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzbfjymuh5ztya6/Presentation.key

Finally figured out how to get this from keynote onto the website..

RSS

WATER...

warm

tropical

water

flowing

ever

so slowly

...northward

About

Sean Nash created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity