SaintJoe H2O

Use the thread below as a gallery space for your Sci-Po and Visual Chapter Summary over Chapter 4, "The Rise of Corals," and Chapter 5, "The Heart of Lightness." Remember, stick to the protocols. There is power in protocols, for they often force our thinking toward a more creative level. This, of course, seems ironic before trying...  but I think you'll soon see what I mean by that.

As always, post a reflection of this challenge and comment both on how this helped you learn the content of this part of the book, as well as how the processes of the task contributed to the cause specifically. I look forward to the discussion in the space below:

Tags: Sci-Po, corals, enchantedbraid, reading, summary, visualliteracy, writing

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is my chapter 4.

Attachments:
My haiku deck for chapter 4 shows how the book starts out in Iowa and then tells the history of corals. How they had struggles and how they evolved. It was surprising how the first reefs started out as mounds and then over millions of years became what they are today. It was also really surprising that the great pyramids are older than the Great Barrier Reef! It was interesting that corals were able to survive through all the issues they have had such as rising waters.

Haiku deck: http://www.haikudeck.com/p/TZF3Mqax8j

For chapter 5 I did a sypo. My sypo talks about the tropics and the triangle of diversity. It talks about the analogy of a coral reef to a city. And how beautiful the reef is. It's a dreamers world. Full of colors and is like a completely different world.

A sun drenched paradise is where it starts
Where diversity takes its roots
And does its part

Away in the tropics
A triangle is formed
Where corals abound and so much more

Beneath the surface a myriad of creatures
Chaotic and complex
Follow their paths

They claim its a city
A city of sectors
A city of lives that depend on each other

In this place beauty abounds
A dream of a dreamer
All around

RSS

WATER...

warm

tropical

water

flowing

ever

so slowly

...northward

About

Sean Nash created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Photos

• Add Photos

Recent visitors:

from ScienceDaily:

Vaquita porpoise rescued as part of VaquitaCPR conservation project, then released

Scientists with the VaquitaCPR conservation project announced they succeeded in locating and rescuing a highly endangered vaquita porpoise yesterday, but in an abundance of caution the vaquita, which was a calf, was released. VaquitaCPR is trying to save the world's most endangered marine mammal. Less than 30 are left in the world.

Prozac in ocean water a possible threat to sea life

Oregon shore crabs exhibit risky behavior when they're exposed to the antidepressant Prozac, making it easier for predators to catch them, according to a new study.

Life goes on for marine ecosystems after cataclysmic mass extinction

One of the largest global mass extinctions did not fundamentally change marine ecosystems, scientists have found.

Climate shifts shorten marine food chain off California

Environmental disturbances such as El Niño shake up the marine food web off Southern California, new research shows, countering conventional thinking that the hierarchy of who-eats-who in the ocean remains largely constant over time.

Maintaining fish biomass the key to conserving reef fish biodiversity

A new study has found that conserving fish diversity in Madagascar's coral reef systems may depend on maintaining fish biomass above critical levels.

© 2017   Created by Sean Nash.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service